Saturday, January 22, 2011

Font Set - Capitals


I wanted to create a font that was simple and clean, yet with an interesting twist. Using Illustrator brushes, I created the letterforms, adjusting paths and curves as needed. I found that it was helpful to create a "working shapes" file, where I stored some of the frequently used paths; this helped my letterforms to stay consistent. I got a little frustrated with TypeTool, as it was not exactly the same as the online lesson; it was pretty close, though, and I downloaded the manual so I could figure out what was needed. I've never worked with a font creation program before, so this was pretty interesting and I can see it would be fun to create custom fonts. I'm happy with my final font; some of the shapes were definitely more challenging than others, either in the shape itself, or deciding how to maintain a consistent overall look.

No comments:

Post a Comment