Saturday, May 5, 2012

Another Poster Design

I always get a little excited when I get any kind of design project at work, since so much of what we do is outputting run-of-the-mill signage. This is my take on the photo collage look that is so popular with many of our military customers: flag, Rainier, c-17,  plus more specific elements such as the computer-related stock images I used to convey the 627th CS mission. I wanted to do something a little different than the standard, which seems to have been a border with "blah" Times font--ugh! I updated to a more modern font and decided to tie the logo into the header with a bold bar treatment. Originally, I had a skinnier red bar and smaller CS logo at the bottom to echo the top. When they requested the JBLM logo be added, I played around with various options for keeping the bottom bar, but it just didn't look right, so I removed it. I ultimately added the subtle black gradient to "anchor" the bottom of the piece. This poster is now displayed just down the hall from our office, outside the 627th CS offices, so I get to see it every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment