Sunday, January 30, 2011

3D Popup Photo Gallery



For this assignment, I wanted to create a nice, flowing, relaxing photo gallery, and since I had a lot of flower photos, that's what I decided to use. I first resized all the images (except the background) in Photoshop and resaved them at the smaller size. Then in AfterEffects, I imported all the images and placed the background, sized to allow for a camera truck movement from left to right, with the 3D option enabled to set the angle at 45 degrees. Each image was then placed, sized, angled to match the background, then animated to "pop up". The final touch was adding and adjusting lighting for each image. I always enjoy working in AE and learning more about how to use the program. This was pretty easy, although I ended up moving all the images further to the right to allow for the camera movement, and switching a couple of images around for aesthetics, so I kinda had to do all the setup twice! The lighting was a little tricky; I adjusted the intensity down on all of them, and I had some trouble with the light on the purple irises in the center; no matter what I did with moving the light and adjusting it, the picture still looks WAY too bright on that one...grrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment