Friday, January 14, 2011

Mad Science



For this assignment, the lamps in the image made me think of Tesla coils and old Frankenstein movies, so I wanted to create a creepy atmosphere and tell a mini-story. To do that, I made the image black and white using an adjustment layer, cropped it, and then used various brushes and layer Blend modes in Photoshop to paint in "energy rays" activating the lightning and causing lovely green goo to cascade from the fountain. The final image was then imported into Flash, animated using layer masks, and exported as the Quicktime movie you see here. I accomplished what I set out to do, and I like that the image is not just decorated, but tells a story. I wanted the green goo to flow a little better, but overall, I'm pleased with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment